Monday, January 19, 2009

Husbands wash dishes after all

Yup. They know what to do with dirty plates on the sink which doesn't involve leaving them the way they found them. I married a maharajah; euphemistically put, he assumes that domestic chores, particularly washing dishes, magically sort themselves out whilst he's sitting on his princely ass.

And so the heavens broke into a song and a choir of angels mellifluously filled the air with their hallelujahs, as I stood in stunned reverence upon the vision of the powerful maharajah deigning to wash piles of dirty dishes.

Unfortunately, this phenomenon does not happen to anybody; it happens to the select few who can wield the spatula masterfully and whip-up a phenomenon themselves. Never underestimate the magical spell of homemade gajar ka halwa, gulab jamun, sooji ka halwa and jalibe. These are the potions with which you can reacquaint the maharajah with his mortality and the domestic chores that come along with it.

And so it shall be to our kitchen where the hopeless housewives will flock to believe, for it was the site which shall be remembered as the place where a miracle took place and wonderful secrets revealed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, total bullshit. My boyfriend and friends and I went to Jollibee to see if it was open on January 25th and they are still not open. I heard somewhere that it`s going to open on February 14th. But that could just be another bullshit lie. Stupid Filipinos should get their permit.