Saturday, January 3, 2009
Bumble and Dumble
Finally took the plunge and got my meticulously planned haircut at the much researched salon. My stylist was good fun and his assistant doubly so which is why I am reluctant to admit that I was not impressed with the end result, especially considering the investment involved. There was no denying that the transformative cut I was expecting did not happen. I suppose it did not help that the woman next to my station squealed excitedly at her reflection upon the "big reveal," effectively peaking my expectations to the highest degree of gorgeousness. I was made to feel like a very important model, though, which I suppose where the part of the money which should have gone to my hairstyle transformation absconded to. Oh yes, it also went to the scenic view of the Hudson River, which I could not appreciate because I am blind as a bat without my specs. Husband did not even notice the difference (hmmpf) but women did and they were actually crowing how good it looked.
But will I go back to Bumble and Bumble? Heck, yes. Only next time, I will be more of an active participant during consultation and be clearer as to what I am expecting. I still have faith that despite the recession, $100 can still make a significant impact on one's life.
Husband meanwhile thought he'd get a hair cut from the hastily set-up House of Bumble and Dumble (B & D) with crude equipment of armpit shaver and kitchen scissors at its first branch in our bathroom. It did not bug him that the senior stylist at B & D had never before cut (or even attempted to cut) human hair (there were random experiments with family pets and dolls). He sat on the salon chair and took the plunge.
It did not start well; at one point the back part of his head had at least three layers of varying length-size and the sides were in the midst of a belligerent disagreement. But with perseverance, the back part took on a semblance of a decent cut and the sides reached an accord: His hair is actually looking hep, if I do say so myself. It will be tested on Monday when he goes back to work and model B & D's cut to his office aunties who had been hankering him to visit a barber. If all goes well, we would set up tent at Central Park and offer cuts for $10. The problem would be how to transport our salon chair seeing as it is our bathroom potty. Hmmm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment