Many times I sat and waited, a prisoner of my own home, for a package that unfortunately was coursing through the FedEx delivery network. The wait would often be uneventful, with no knock on the door or a buzz by the doorbell to disturb the calm and quiet. And yet, by some act of God, a FedEx door tag would be hanging by the knob of the front-door, snootily informing me that I was not vigilant enough of FedEx's efforts of delivering my package to me.
Tired of this routine, I decided one day to stand watch by the street, in front of my house where my vantage point would make it impossible for me to miss any approaching hint of a FedEx delivery attempt. Their website loftily declared "Out for delivery," and so I stood watch. And waited. And walked. And tensed up each time I heard the rev of a truck engine nearby. Until it became obvious that FedEx was not coming.
I tracked my package and lo and behold a "DELIVERY EXCEPTION." Apparently, FedEx attempted delivery but no one was home to sign for the package. By attempt, it meant that they saw me 2 miles away and decided to dig an underground secret passageway into my home which is exclusively accessible only to FedEx and attempted delivery behind my back. This time they didn't even bother leaving a door tag. Must have been lost with all the digging.
With all the door tags I've collected for the many times I was forced to use FedEx's service, Mr. Smith is well disposed to fold up his delivery service and focus on printing door tags. I'm not sure if there's a market for that though, since UPS rarely has a need for them. Try DHL.
No comments:
Post a Comment