Thursday, June 18, 2009

ATTENTION PASSENGERS!

...PLEASE STAND BEHIND THE YELLOW LINE....among other things booming in my ear early in the morning. Waking up to a caffeinated guy barking inanities through a megaphone would have made me run for the hills. Except I already am. USGA at present is disrupting the peaceful life I've been having under my rock, by making sure that golf aficionados will not be trampled tragically by a speeding train. Between my precious sleep and potential profit-loss, it's quite apparent what the USGA is prioritizing.

Not cricket, not tennis, not football, not even basketball-- we (H & I) have to be at the epicenter of a sport we care nothing about. In the process, we lamely try to get sucked in and soak some fodder for small talk since people in this country is so fixated in doing that. All I can say is, USGA, I did okay in Wii Golf, although I didn't even manage to connect the club with the ball in the actual thing, nevertheless it's still cricket/tennis/football/basketball for me.

It would have been more exciting if we could capitalize on the sudden influx of tourists in our area. But we couldn't come up with anything more novel than what our neighbors already did. Parking, shuttle. Forget lodging. Two years of shared apartment living proved definitively that it's not for me.

Urgh. Three more days of this madness. Whoever said living under the rock is peaceful? Maybe in ten years, a couple of million dollars, arthritis and a few missing teeth later, I'll enjoy the game.

For now, I have ten other things to bore me.

No comments: